Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring 2015 Bloggiesta (#1)

Share it Please
It's time for some spring cleaning around my blog....It's Bloggiesta! 

What is Bloggiesta, you ask? Let's ask the Bloggiesta gurus themselves and see their answer:
           "Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon (sometimes over a weekend, sometimes four days and this time one week!) where we as bloggers gather together to help each other work on all sorts of blogging tasks, stuff that we often put off and avoid. Or stuff that we’re scared of trying. Or stuff that we haven’t had time for. But during Bloggiesta all that stuff suddenly becomes fun! There are others doing the same thing ! So, it becomes a party! Wait, no. It’s a FIESTA!"
A List of All the Mini Challenges!

Organizing
Amanda from On a Book Bender gives advice on how to Simplify Blogging.
Andi from Estella’s Revenge explains how to Organize your Feed Reader.
Belle from Ms. Bookish shows us how to Create a Treasure Trove of Blogging Ideas
Brittany from Book Bumblings explains how to Create a Blogging Schedule.
Kassiah from Pretty Sassy Cool on Getting Organized with Trello.
 
All about Book Blogging
Katie from Doing Dewey on  Diversity Reading Goals.
Lindsay from Nighttime Reading Center challenges to Pin Your Author Interviews.
Stacy at The Novel Life displays Eight Not-to-be Missed Podcasts.

Disqus Challenges
Shannon from River City Reading helps us to Improve our Disqus Experience.
Alysia from My Little Pocketbooks shows us how to Retrieve Lost Comments from Disqus.


Other:
Joy from Joy’s Book Blog on How to Make Memes.
Jessica from The Bluestocking Society on how to Create a Blog Style Guide.
Suey from It’s All About Books has a Twitter Chat Tutorial.
Tif from Tif Talks Books has a list of Past Bloggiesta Mini Challenges.


There will be a Twitter chat party every day!
  • Monday March 23rd at 4:00 p.m. Eastern: PEOPLE: Giving and Getting Comments and Followers
  • Tuesday March 24th 7 p.m. Eastern: E-PRESENCE: Social Media Savvy
  • Wednesday March 25th at 12 p.m. noon Eastern:DISPLAY:  Side Bars and  Page Layout
  • Thursday March 26th at 9 p.m. Eastern: REVIEWS and Other Content Ideas (guest hosted by Jessica from The Bluestocking Society)
  • Friday March 27th at 9 p.m. Eastern: ORGANIZE: No Stress Allowed (guest hosted by Amanda from On a Book Bender)
  • Saturday March 28th at 2:00 p.m. Eastern: Books and Reading (guest hosted by Rachel Noel from Purple Owl Reviews)
  • Sunday March 29th at 3 p.m. Eastern: Feedback and Free for All


My Bloggiesta Goals so Far:


❏   Write at least two reviews  (1)
(The Wedding Girl + ?)
X  Read and review books that have been lying around on my TBR 
(The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham, review scheduled!)
X  Change something about my blog theme/the entire design? 
(Added Disquis, decluttered Sidebar, changed some details and the widgets)
X Have at least 10 posts written and scheduled in my drafts 
(I'm actually at 13+)
X Keep up with the memes again!  
(Scheduled Posts all the way through April!)
X Check out, comment & follow the other participants' blogs 

My Bloggiesta:

Do you have any distinct goals for this Bloggiesta?

13 comments:

  1. Wow 10 posts! That seems like a huge undertaking! Wishing you luck! Happy Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got about four, so I guess it's doable. We'll see :)
      HAPPY BLOGGIESTA! xx

      Delete
  2. Great list! And, great that you've already made some progress. Wishing you a happy and productive Bloggiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only four to go! ;) happy bloggiesta to you, too!

      Delete
  3. I could have sworn I already responded here! I guess I'm going crazy! This is a great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did, i just had to approve of the comment first haha :D happy bloggiesta & i followed u on g+ xx

      Delete
  4. That's a great list of goals! And I see you've already finished most of these. Good luck with the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only finished the easy ones haha :D Happy Bloggiesta! Followed you on BL. xx

      Delete
  5. Great list! Looks like you've had a really productive week so far! My progress is slower than I'd like, but I'm getting there. Happy Bloggiesta!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! hey its not about accomplishment, its about trying! happy bloggiesta! followed you on g+ xx

      Delete
  6. Popping over to offer feedback!
    I like the minimalist look so filter everything I say through that - this is your blog do what makes you happy :-)

    The clean, white look is lovely - easy to read. The book images on your home page are very large and quite overwhelming. The size of the Bloggiesta button looks good and if all the images were sized the same, it would give a more uniform look to your blog (if that's important to you).

    I made the leap to change to 2 columns after the twitter chat. It was a good chance to de-clutter my sidebars & now that I don't have the 3 I really notice it on other blogs and I notice how my periphery vision goes into overdrive when I scroll down a 3 column blog now as I try to 'see' everything.

    I see you've moved to disqus comments - how did you find that?

    Good luck with the rest of your Bloggiesta goals - it has been a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're doing great with your goals! Thanks for the visit today -- It's quite the party there on that post and it's most helpful. Here I am to return the favour. :) Here's my two cents:

    I was wondering what browser you use? I use Chrome and all three of your columns don't display; the third column is chopped in the middle so the only way I can get to it is to scroll over to the right.

    I suggest looking into making your header span the entire header as the box in the middle looks a little odd just stuck there. Your archives would look much cleaner as a drop down -- it's an easy fix in blogger, just go in and click the radio button "Drop Down."


    Btw, I am familiar with Templateism and I have a quibble with how all their template images display ... did you notice that they resize to odd dimensions (like the "Related posts" thumbnail at top).

    PS I am also loving Disqus! So easy to follow convos now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa- hasn't occurred to me earlier to check how my blog looks on other browser. So I've just downloaded Google Chrome to take a look (I use Firefox) and the columns all show up fine? No scrolling anywhere. Weird! What do mean, they don't display? I really want to fix this, but I can't see it, it all works fine on my screen. :(

    Yeah, you're absolutely right, I definitely have to get a new header anyways, I'm in the process of overhauling my entire theme and I'm still trying to improve bits and bobs. I'm going to tackle the header project next, thank you! It's the easiest fix of all the things I want to change right now, haha.

    Ehhhhhh, I hate those. I really hate Drop Downs. ;D It's a pet peeve, I think you can more easily see the actual content if you have it all displayed like I have. In my mind it makes more sense for readers to have other content linked right there, you know? I thought about setting up a drop down and actually even switched to drop down two days ago but I really didn't like it. :/

    YES YES YES you are so right HOW the everloving hell do I fix this stupid related posts image business? Do you happen to know?? I have found the part of my html with the related posts but even if i change the width and height setting thingies, it just doesn't change. I guess I'm up for another round of experimenting with the html ugh

    Thank you so much for the feedback!! :))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make every blogger's day. Don't be afraid and say something, even if it's just a smiley face or a quick "Hey, I liked this" or "Hey, I didn't like this". Don't be shy! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...